10 Rebukes: Jesus Christ IS God
The following is my written response to an interview with Joshua Evans called: Top Ten Reason's why Jesus Christ is Not God, which appeared on The DEEN SHOW in 2009.
I watched your video and I couldn’t disagree with it more. The
guest, who says he was a former Christian and bible reader, makes
claims that he cannot substantiate. Here is a breakdown point by point.
10. God Cannot be created?
• The spirit can’t be, but the flesh can. And in John 1:14 we see evidence of this.
Jesus, meaning: Jehovah Saviour, was begotten (chosen in time) to have
a relationship with us, show us to walk the talk and die for our sins.
• It’s verified in secular writings: Josephus, Pliny the Younger,
Tacitus, Celsius, Thallus, Pontius Pilate’s letter and the dead sea
• Isaiah 43:10 God states he will come in the form of man. Is God a liar? He can’t be, look at Titus 1:2, Hebrews 6:18 and Romans 3:4.
9. No explicit verses of Jesus being God?
Here are a few: John 8:24, 8:58, 14:6, 14:9 and 20:28. Acts 4:12 and 20:28. Romans 5:8. Philippians 2:5-9. Colossians 1:15-16 and 2:8-9. 1 Timothy 3:16. Titus 1:3-4. Hebrews 2:17-18 and 4:15. 2 Peter 1:1. Revelation 1:8, 1:11, 1:17-18 and 2:8.
God can forgive sin, as explained in Isaiah 43:25. Jesus can forgive sin, look at Mark 2:5 and 2:10. This is proof Jesus is God.
8. No one has seen God at any time?
• 1 Timothy 6:16 says that we cannot see his HOLY spiritual form.
• God has to appear in the third dimension (burning bush, the man who tackled Jacob, the three men in Genesis 18, Jesus, dove) so that he can relate with us.
• Man cannot bear his holy presence, but he has stood in front of man covered by a cloud Exodus 34:5.
7. Jesus abided by Jewish laws and came to fulfill scripture
• The Bible says God doesn’t dwell in the temples made by man.
• Matthew 18:16 says that two or more come in my name is the church.
• There is no trinity. Isaiah 43:10-11. Youtube video: The trinity defined and refuted.
• Paul never started the trinity, it was a later creation by the hellenistic jews.
• All the new bible versions were edited by Westcott and Hort: google it.
6. Jesus ate, slept and prayed
• Sure he did. As flesh we must do these things. He came to show us how to live life, so he had to be the example.
• Everything Jesus did in the flesh was God showing us how we should
worship the father. Hence father (spirit in heaven), son (spirit taking
human form) = relationship.
• Jesus said preach the word to ALL nations. Mark 13:10.
• John 3:16
says God loved the WORLD (not just the jews) …whosoever believeth in
him (not just jews) shall not perish but have everlasting life.
5. God is greater than I
• Jesus refers to the Spirit of God is greater than the flesh. The spirit never tires, hungers, worries…etc. The flesh does.
• Only the father knows the date and hour? Jesus answered this on
the behalf of humans, not of God. That’s why he says that the son of
man doesn’t know…he wasn’t talking on behalf of God, but man.
• God is the author of delusion, not confusion. HUGE difference.
4. Jesus states he’s not God?
• Not true. 1 Timothy 6:14-17. John 8:58. Luke 1:45-46. Matthew 15:8-9. Titus 1:3-4, 2:10-14, 3:4-6. John 11:25. Revelation 1:8, 1:11, 1:17-18.
• In Matthew 15:8-9 Jesus speaks to those who talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. In Mark 8:34 and Luke 9:23 Jesus says to deny yourself and follow him.
• Jesus will ascend to the father…completing the relationship.
3. Son of God not exclusive to Jesus?
• Rabbis were called lords. Explain 1 Timothy 3:15! Jesus is called the Lord of Lords and King of Kings.
• Adam wasn’t God in the flesh, and he sinned. Jesus (flesh) was God on earth and sinless. That’s comparing apples to oranges.
• At 25:50
“God can do anything” Why can’t he come in the form of man? If the Holy
Spirit can impregnate a woman without male sperm, then how is believing
Jesus is God so far-fetched?
• Jesus was sent to the world to forgive sin, but he appeared to his chosen people and sent them on the journey.
• Mary was a sinner: Luke 2:24. She needed a saviour Luke 1:46-47. Therefore she should not be revered.
• At 28:39
Dogs breed dogs… cats breed cats… God breeds little gods? You can’t use
human logic/reasoning to define what God can do. Explain in human
understanding of science the birth of Jesus without a male seed? If you
accept that then why can’t you accept He’s God in flesh. What makes the
first acceptable and the second not?
2. God can’t change
• Why can’t God be subject to himself? He’s God…
• At 25:50 the guest says God can do anything.
• At 23:50 the guest says God can’t do anything.
• At 31:40 the guest says God can do anything.
• At 32:45 the guest says God can’t do anything.
• The guest just erased his whole argument. How can a finite being define the ability of an infinite being?
• Jesus will return. Ok… let’s see: Zechariah 14:5 and 1 Thessalonians 3:13.
God will come (second coming) Jesus will come (second coming) there
won’t be two second comings. Jesus/God are one in the same.
• Jesus never foretold of Muhammed. The comforter in John 14 is the Holy Ghost: John 14:26.
1. God is the essence of worship
• Agreed. Jesus said in Matthew 15:8-9 that those who worship Jesus do so vainly, meaning they talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. In the Lord’s prayer, Matthew 6, Jesus instructs us how to pray to God.